Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NPD. Ohhhhh yeahhhahhh

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Blankplank 
#1 ·
So I was at Guitar Center and they had one Het Set and it was on clearance. I said hmmm my SE245 could use some pickups. I thought about it for a little while and said F it. While I'm normally not an active fan the Het Set has converted me. This is now my third set. I think they will sound great in the SE and look good too. Gonna throw em in tomorrow.
The set

The guitar

See less See more
#9 ·
If you have a guitar center near by go check them out. It seems a lot of them are blowing out these sets for some reason. Weird as they are back ordered on pretty much every internet site and still listed at full price.

#7 ·
They are made to be improvements to the 81/60 set, but I think their a lot more than that. To me they are a ton more dynamic and IMO really keep the things you like about actives yet add what we all love about good passives. More dynamics and organic feel. The bridge isn't quite at tight and not nearly as sterile as an 81, but it is still very tight and just sounds fuller while adding a lot of midrange. The neck is like a hotter, fatter 60 that cleans up way better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.