newbie needs help rewiring jackson import - Page 2

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: newbie needs help rewiring jackson import

ME: S7420
    MB: 'Ray
    Rig: Ironheart

Damn, that looks terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if the connections are just twisted together.

Since you have hum canceling pickups in all positions, it might be cool to use the mini-switch to reverse phase on the middle pickup. For the 3rd knob, consider making it a bass cut.

Quote Originally Posted by petarkablam View Post
    Damn, that looks terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if the connections are just twisted together.

Since you have hum canceling pickups in all positions, it might be cool to use the mini-switch to reverse phase on the middle pickup. For the 3rd knob, consider making it a bass cut.
    are the two single coil pickups considered "hum-cancelling".? i was under the impression that only humbuckers were hum cancelling......and what's it mean to "reverse phasse" ? what effect does that have on the sound.?
    thnk you so much for your input guys. =]

Quote Originally Posted by jordanjefferson View Post
    are the two single coil pickups considered "hum-cancelling".? i was under the impression that only humbuckers were hum cancelling......and what's it mean to "reverse phasse" ? what effect does that have on the sound.?
    thnk you so much for your input guys. =]
    The single-sized pickups you have are actually super narrow humbuckers, and each has two coils.

Reversing the phase is to swap the + and - cables of the pickup. It has no effect on its sound, however, it affects how it combines with other sounds. Different frequencies will be emphasized and removed in positions 2 & 4 of the switch.

Here is how you would wire it. The diagram is for a push-pull pot, but it will work on the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by petarkablam View Post
    The single-sized pickups you have are actually super narrow humbuckers, and each has two coils.

Reversing the phase is to swap the + and - cables of the pickup. It has no effect on its sound, however, it affects how it combines with other sounds. Different frequencies will be emphasized and removed in positions 2 & 4 of the switch.

Here is how you would wire it. The diagram is for a push-pull pot, but it will work on the switch.
    whoa, so i dont have an ssh pickup config..? it's actually an hhh pickup config..?

so i would need to find a wiring diagram for hhh 5 way switch w/ overdrive..?

Yes, HHH. Humbuckers can be treated like singles, for the most part. The pairs of coils are already connected, in your case, so no need to mess with that.

thank u guys so much with ur inputs i have managed to identify the exact model and successfully removed all the duct taped splices, gutted it, cleaned the body and cavityies, polished the fretboard, dressed the frets, rearreanged the pups (turns out the neck pickup was in the middle cavity) , rewired properly, adjusted the floyyd rose, and restrung it. now it works 100% every channel, every everything and it sounds and feels/plays like a dream..!! im thrilled ! thnk ya'll so much.. !!!

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|‹berschall

Congrats!

now...