newbie needs help rewiring jackson import

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: newbie needs help rewiring jackson import

newbie needs help rewiring jackson import

hi guys, hope im posting in the right place. im hella new to this. anyways, diving right into my situation. i recently bought a used jackson. from my internet research, my best guess is , i believe its a dinky DK2FS (firestorm). hoping some of you can help me determine for sure what make/model it is....
    when i got it home and plugged into an amp, immediately knew somethiung was wrong because the middle 3 positions of the 5 way selector produce almost no audible sound while pos 1 & 5 blazed.! so i openedup the back and found all the wiring to be ghetto-rigged duct taped together..!?!

i love the shape, feel , look action of this guitar and im fully capable of rewiring, soldering, etc, with the proper schematics to look at.
    my question is what is you guys opinions on how/what i should wire it to be..?
    like, what pickups should i buy, how should i wire them, what kinda cool custom features might i be able to includ utilizing the extra toggle switch function, and three bknobs.?
    all/any input, advice, durection will be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. ! I WILL try to include any relevant pics as nec essary

newbie needs help rewiring jackson import-photo-4-jpgnewbie needs help rewiring jackson import-photo-1-jpgnewbie needs help rewiring jackson import-photo-2-jpg

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|‹berschall

The mini toggle looks to be an after market addition.

It's hard to tell what all is in there, so it's hard to say what needs to be done.

Here's a standard Hum-Single-Single diagram: WDU-HSS5L12-04

ME: Stuff
    MB: More Stuff
    Rig: Extra Stuff

I know bollocks all about pickups or wiring, so can't help with that, but that's a cool looking guitar, sir!

ME: Ibanez RG2610e
    MA: Yamaha FG700S
    MB: Squier Pbass
    Rig: 5150

It is indeed a DK2FS. I've got one myself.

I'm planning on pulling the gain circuit and the pot as I don't use them and personally feel like it's unnecessary. I've got a Seymour Duncan Black winter in the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by man jerk View Post

I'm planning on pulling the gain circuit and the pot as I don't use them and personally feel like it's unnecessary. I've got a Seymour Duncan Black winter in the bridge.
    so it is a DK2FS.?! awesome, thnx for the conformation. so MANJERK, can u help me understand a bit about the knob functions..? im guessing that the toggle switch activates some kind of "overdrive" and the knob nearest the toggle switch changes the amount of boost..? and then theres a vol knob and a tone knob. is this correct..? and how much should i have paid for this guitar had it been in excellent working order..?

Quote Originally Posted by man jerk View Post

also, the stock pickups are passive, correct? and the 9 volt battery in the circuitry is for the overdrive functionm, yes?

ME: Custom Tele
    MA: Guild GAD F150
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass 24 V
    Rig: Jet City JCA-22H

Quote Originally Posted by jordanjefferson View Post
    also, the stock pickups are passive, correct? and the 9 volt battery in the circuitry is for the overdrive functionm, yes?
    This is correct. The 3 knob is the boost circuit activated by the switch. The battery is only for the switch. PM me your email and I will send over some info for you.