Metal Guitarist Forums banner

I just completed the wiring diagram from hell.

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  caughtinamosh 
#1 ·
Wiring Diagram

I did this with my RG4ex1... just had a couple of push-pull pots lying around so I sprung on it. I turned my 3 pickup-position guitar into a 9 pickup-position guitar. :scream:

I'd highly recommend it, if you've got hours to spare and fingers to lose to solder. :yesway:

#4 ·
:ugh:
I tried to read that diagram and my brain cells starting exploding.
And when I try to solder, well lets just say I suck ass at soldering. :eek:

Having said that, I still want to learn how to read diagrams like that and solder my own pups in a guitar. :)

#5 · (Edited)
Oh God, why would you do that to yourself? :ugh:

Congratulations on successful completion, though :yesway:.

I had it bad too, especially when mixing Seymour Duncan and Bare Knuckle pickups. A NIGHTMARE.

Over time, I came to realise that I had no real use for the coil tap (although, technically, it's called something else. The term escapes me... :scratch:). I found the "tapped" sounds to be generally insipid, and not a patch on true single coils. Phase inversion, I've never experienced.

EDIT : And I singed my "fuck you" finger on my left hand. Basslines were oh so painful to play... :(.

#15 ·
Single coil in the bridge = fail... unless, you're talking about the Bare Knuckle Sinner model, in which case... = win.
Well... if you're doing metal anyway. I suppose funk, country, and some light rock have a place for a single coil in the bridge.

Oh, and I don't recognize the name. :ugh:

#7 ·
:shrug: I only messed up on thing... the actual tone function doesn't work. Whatever, I'm sure as hell NOT opening the control cavity for a loooong time. :ugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.