Converting and Edge/Edge variant to an Schaller/OFR arm - Page 4

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Converting and Edge/Edge variant to an Schaller/OFR arm

ME: J.Craft RG2820
    Rig: RM100 > K412T

The CEO of Schaller responded to my e-mail about the housing and the bar I bought not being a good fit. He said he'd send me another, but that was at the start of the year.

Who'da thought Germans had such a prank-based sense of humour?
    "That RD is one ugly fucking guitar, and I made the CrabClaw!" - Elysian

ME: RGD2127z/Apex 100
    Rig: Diezel Hagen/Zilla's

Quote Originally Posted by Neznaroz View Post
    The CEO of Schaller responded to my e-mail about the housing and the bar I bought not being a good fit. He said he'd send me another, but that was at the start of the year.

Who'da thought Germans had such a prank-based sense of humour?
    That strikes me as a little odd. I spoke to the same guy (Lars?), and he was nothing short of helpful. I had a 7 set of tuners at my door cheaper than if I was to purchase a 6 set from within the UK.

\m/

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

You know, I totally missed this thread the other day.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

I did this mod to my silver dot's trem on Friday night, as the trem bar was missing and the arm holder was totally worn. Putting the bar from my green dot (which fits tightly in that) into the silver dot was like throwing a sausage into a train tunnel.

So, this was purchased from Amazon. A genuine Schaller OFR arm assembly, 13 delivered next day Note the longer screw that comes with the set, that's what I ended up using.

The underside of the old trem. That crosshead screw needs undoing to remove the spring that holds the arm into the holder, as you can't get the holder out of the trem with it in place.

Jam a big screwdriver across the two slots in the top of the arm holder, grab the retaining nut with pliers and then unscrew the nut and removed the arm holder from the trem.

The Schaller arm holder slipped straight into the hole in my trem, so I installed the sleeve and screw from the Schaller kit to hold it in place. I needed to use the longer screw and leave off the silver washer to get it to *just* grip enough to stay tight. I'll either be looking for a slightly longer screw or filing a mm or so off the sleeve down the line, but it does for now.

All reassembled, arm on and ready to rock. The arm stays exactly where I leave it, and feel is excellent.

As you can probably tell from the pictures, I left the strings on and just popped the trem out for this, total time was probably between 5 and 10 minutes.
    I'm so metal I shit bats

My band > WALK IN COMA