Metal Guitarist Forums banner

A screw loose. No, really.

Tags
loose screw
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  98HondaCivic 
#1 ·
Hey chaps, just a quick question.

I just bought a new 4 string and I love everything about it, it feels great, and it sounds like the devil, which in my case is a good thing. I'm about to use it to record an album, however there is one small problem. The screw that holds the bridge pick-up to the body has come out completely. The hole is bored out, the screw is completely fine. So the bridge pickup is now slanted and has risen so far on one side it is muting the G string. We are due to start recording this week, so sending it the manufacturer is possible, but it might be a month before I get it back. I have another bass, but I would much rather record with my new one. So my question is, can I squirt some Gorilla Glue in the hole, put the screw in, and hold the pick up down until it dries? Would that cause some problems?

Forgive my ignorance, I defer to experience rather than experimentation.

#2 ·
You need to make a little wood shim to stuff in there to give the screw something to bite on. I've used a toothpick and some glue with solid results in the past. Snap the "head" of a couple of toothpicks off in there, with just a tiny dab of wood glue. Let it set for a bit, then go to town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.