I'm considering restoring the instrument with all-new hardware and possibly having a partial re-fret or basic fret level done.
- The gold finish on most of the hardware is pretty well gone from corrosion.
- About half of the tuning machines are starting to feel pretty sloppy (the keys freely wiggle although they hold tune fairly well).
- The bridge has lot of gunk and corrosion.
I was thinking of:
- TonePros locking TOM
- TonePros locking tailpiece (aluminum featherweight?)
- TonePros-Kluson (pearl "keystone") tuners (TPK33?) OR Gibson replacement
- New single-ply Gibson pickguard (mine be broke)
Any thoughts? Cautions?