Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Restoration

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  shadowofchernobyl 
#1 ·
Getting ready to restore an old axe of mine. It's a Bradley lawsuit era les Paul replica
View attachment 9936
View attachment 9937

I need some input. I'm gonna refinish it. What would go well with the maple neck? I'm thinking see thru black cherry or desert camo.

#4 ·
The finish is awesome. Gouges scratches and flaking, because this guitar gets played rather than stuck in a case and looked at. I'm not really a natural finish kind of guy, but I love this guitar because it shows I'm a proper guitarist rather than a collector wank, and why on earth would I refinish it when the costs involved and so on would mean I'd be better off leaving it as is and buying another guitar in the colour I actually want.
FTFY

#6 ·
Thanks for the input guys. What you're saying is true. I play the hell out of it. It sounds better than my 84 explorer. It's also 40 years old. And the finger board is separating from the neck. I may replace the hardware. I'm not going to touch the pick ups. May just fix the neck and leave the finish alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.