I started this some time ago but didn't post anything up as I knew it was going to be a long process.
It's finally coming together as in I have all the parts or they are on the way. Just waiting for the headshell and valves now.
I still need to figure out a tidy way of chassis mounting the preamp valve sockets because I don't like pcb mounted ones both for reliability and future maintenance reasons.
I have been holding off on populating the GEQ and the PSU purely for ease of storage but i have all the parts so here's a quick shot of the Pcbs and chassis before i started.
As you may notice the chassis as great as it is didn't come with any mounting nuts welded in so i got handy with some rivnuts.
Then this final part for today is the bit that took the longest. The simulclass output transformer. I spent literally weeks googling for information regarding this beast and learnt i could just use a 50w marshall OT and mismatch the secondaries but then i would lose my 16ohm tap and i didn't want that.
So i did some more research and found someone who had dissasembled an original unit and noted down the winds, wire guage and lamination sizes. I had to make some slight adjustments to the laminations to accomodate the additional 16ohm tap (not present on the original) and sent the information over to BLS transformers and a couple of weeks later this beauty arrived in the post.
Also there is the custom PT from Heyboer.
Man this looks fantastic!