Evertune bridge installer?

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evertune bridge installer?

Evertune bridge installer?

Last edited by KentuckyThrash; 11-06-2013 at 03:01 AM.

ME: Partscaster Plus
    MA: C.F. Martin & Co. D-18
    MB: 68' Fretless P-bass
    Rig: SD9>Yamaha UD>FenderAmp

Hands are the voice...

ME: M8M!!!!!!
    MA: nope
    MB: :(
    Rig: 11rack :barf:

if I were seriously worried about quality, then i'd send it out to someone with an impeccable reputation and deal with the extra cost.. if you don't trust anyone locally, i'm afraid sending it out is your best bet.

in a somewhat similar situation; I was going to have a local guitar center tech install a push/pull pot in my m8m. well, the guy couldn't find dimensions for a dimarzio 500k p/p so I called dimarzio on the spot and got the information. STRIKE 1.

he also couldn't find out if they had the pot in stock using GC's network and when him and a manager finally tracked one down, he didn't know how to find my information in GC's system to place the order then asked ME to help figure it out. I shop there for emergency strings and other small items, so my information is stored, but I don't work there...STRIKE 2.

when asked for the dimensions of my m8m I replied: "it's loaded with mini pots, also the top thickness above the electronics cavity and hole diameter are the same as my RG8 and rg7620. if you wanted to, you could even pull an RG8 down from the wall and verify dimensions that way..." he replies: "really? oh that's good, but how does that help me? I still won't be able to get the information I need.." mind you, he was looking for top thickness at the electronics cavity and pothole diameter.. STRIKE 3!!!

fuck that. after that frightening display of incompetence, I couldn't help but feel like the guy was going to fuck up the $4.3k i'd spent. so I did the mod myself.

TL;DR - that installer in ohio might not be such a bad choice. better yet, check out the whole list of installers and see if they're also reputable luthiers.
    ". . . . . . . ."

Last edited by KentuckyThrash; 11-06-2013 at 03:01 AM.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyThrash View Post
    Yeah, I was hoping to get a specific recommendation rather than a crap shoot of the installers listed on the site. Ohio looks like the closest, but I'm not so concerned with distance or price; I want quality above everything else. I wish there was a guitar I liked made with an Evertune bridge, but that ESP's lack of elbow contour blows that one for me.
    Going out on a limb, if it's on the Evertune site, that likely means the guys from Evertune have faith in this guy's ability to do it right, and potentially will have some warranty, implicit or explicit, on the work being done right.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Agile Hawker 727
    Rig: read my signature

Oh shit, one is here in Austin....
    Vice President of the Reverse Headstock Lover's Club

Agile Hawker 727>Line 6 XDS95>Line 6 POD X3 Pro>Matrix GT800FX>Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Wirelessly posted ()

I agree with Drew. A small company like Evertune cannot afford the negative reputation they would get from improperly functioning bridges, even if it is the fault of a poor installation. It needs to just work.
    Division: American Metal without the suck.

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: Decibel Javelin
    MA: Ibanez AJ307CE
    MB: Fretless Precision mutt
    Rig: Mesa F-30

To get approved as an Evertune installer, you actually have to send them a couple of guitars that you've installed Evertune bridges on, so they can inspect your work. (They don't do the same for OEM builders, because the requirements are a little different when you're building a guitar around the bridge vs. doing a retrofit.)