Strat wiring help

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Strat wiring help

ME: Gibson SG Special
    MA: Yamaha FSX700SC
    Rig: Fender Deluxe VM

Strat wiring help

Current Strat situation: Mexistrat with the normal 5-way, tone, tone, volume. HSS, with positions being bridge-inner bridge coil+middle-middle-middle+neck-neck.

I have a Q-tuner that I am wanting to put in the bridge. The problem is that the Q-tuner is a two wire pickup instead of 4. How should I wire this? I'm thinking I'll make the 2nd position bridge+middle just to try and make my soldering tasks as minimal as possible. Would the wiring be basically like this diagram: Wiring Diagram but not have to worry about the extra wires and just wire the hot and ground to the correct spots?

Also, I'm posting this from work, so I haven't actually opened up the Strat yet, so who knows what I'll find

ME: BC Rich Ironbird NJ
    MB: BC Rich Warlock Platinium
    Rig: Peavey Ultra 120

wire it like a regular strat...

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

Q Tuner in a strat? You're insane, dude.

Yeah, Waltheers right. Pretend the Q-Tuner is a single coil, and wire it up like that. The Bridge/middle position will sound kind of weird, especially with such a huge output imbalance, but something tells me that position's not why you're putting a Q Tuner in this guitar.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Gibson SG Special
    MA: Yamaha FSX700SC
    Rig: Fender Deluxe VM

Thanks for the input. I did just what you said and it seems to have worked. I don't have it strung up yet (I'm having a tech do a few things to it, so no sense in me stringing it), but based on tapping, the wiring seems to have gone well.

Actually, it's not as crazy as it sounds Drew. The one I put in is one of their neck models, the GL-6 Medium Z. It's only got about a 10.2K resistance, whereas the neck and middle are both aroud 6.5K, so there shouldn't be too much of an output difference. This, combined with their clarity and rather high resonance peak, makes me thing it might actually work really well in an HSS set up. Plus, the Q-tuners are really tweakable, and you can crank them down fairly far away from the string if need be. The Pearly Gates I had in there sounded good, but it was just not the sound I want from this guitar. I think I might be putting it in my PRS SE Singlecut. If the Q-tuner doesn't work out, I'm going to put an SD Jazz in and see how it sounds as a low-output bridge pickup.