I've been considering starting up a Pink Floyd/David Gilmour tribute type deal (being the sad Gilmour worshipper I am), so I decided to reacquire some gear to get back into the swing of things.
I've long since parted with most of my pedals (and subsequently my board), so rather than spend money on a Pedaltrain or similarly overpriced prefab, I decided to find a suitable candidate somewhere around the house for a quick and dirty pedalboard.
Enter this fantastic piece of engineering.
This thing spent most of its life as a contender for the title of World's Shittiest Table, where "square", "true", and "level" are foreign concepts.
It used to have two hinged flaps on either side, but those (and the supports) got torn off at some point in time.
Because this table sucks.
I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do with it, but I was sure I wanted it to be fluorescent green.
More on that in a moment.
I cut it into a more pedalboard-like size, angling the cuts to support the top.
I have an overabundance of Killz that I use for work, so I hit it with a can after attaching a 1x4 across the back.
Glued and nailed the top to the legs.
I wanted to see if everything would fit nicely, and it accidentally works out.
The missing MXR Phase 100 will sit right in that empty gap, and if I do get a boost of some kind, it has a home in the top right.
Then I dusted it with some fluorescent green Krylon, left over from a job I had done recently.
Everything that can be fluorescent should be fluorescent.
I have to pick up another can, but I'm still waiting on the phaser and power supply to arrive anyway.
What I intend to do is use the 1x4 as a jack panel, so I don't have four instrument cables to wrap up or rearrange when I want to move the board.
The irritation here is the footswitch for the V3M, which has a hardwired midi type cable. If there's some kind of female to female coupler with a compatible pin out, I'll seek to acquire one. I would assume there is. This midi looking shit is foreign to me.
I'm also going to attempt to mount the power supply under the board between the legs, as I apparently lacked the foresight to make room for it in the empty cavity between the bottom and top of the board.
that's pretty damn nifty