Metal Guitarist Forums banner

My RG7 project. Now with more neck!

13K views 140 replies 29 participants last post by  ShawnF 
#1 · (Edited)
She is starting to look a bit more like an instrument. :yesway:

The body will be stained orange with black pore fill. Undecided on whether or not I'll try to stain the headstock to match or leaving it as is. Gold hardware and DiMarzio SomethingOrOthers will be on the way soon, too.

Really happy with the neck. Perle does great work.

Edit: This is essentially what she will look like when finished.

:sharpie:

See less See more
#10 ·
Niiiiice!

Nice coffee table, too. Where'd you find that, if you don't mind my asking?
It's my pop's. I'll ask him for you. :yesway:

Damn Purdy, that's gonna be awesome Shawn.:yesway:

Do you get more tension on the B with reverse stock?. I would think so but never tried one myself. Looks cool as shit anyway.
:metal:

No the reversed headstock doesn't add extra tension, though a lot of people seem to think it does!

It would be a crime to put gold hardware on that
:ban:

#15 ·
Yeah. Not a fan of gold hardware on anything. Just looks like bling.

Do you get more tension on the B with reverse stock?. I would think so but never tried one myself.
Yeah, like Shawn said, it doesn't do that. It actually creates a little bit of a problem. The wound strings are more prone to sympathetic resonance. There's a greater need to dampen the strings behind the nut.

Glad I went with the RH. :D
I didn't wanna be a dick (for once) and say, but when you were contemplating that 3/4 headstock, I was thinking, 'man, anyone who orders a custom Ibanez neck and doesn't go reverse headstock is tripping. Hard.'

Looks great. That's gonna be a real looker. Gold hardware aside. :fawk:

#40 ·
:bump:

Logo decal, custom DiMarzios, and Hipshot locking tuners have all been ordered and will be on their way sometime soon. The bridge and the rest of the hardware will be ordered on Monday. I'll be ready to start the finish and assembly in no time. :)

#46 ·
Hey where did you order your logo from? Pearle?
Love reverse headstock.....
Can't wait to see it done.
I have a gold floyd on a guitar and it's been amazing for the past 12 years. ALWAYS in tune and NEVER a problem. Flawless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.