Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Electric build II

ME: Ibanez RGD Prestige
    MB: LTD Surveyor
    Rig: Diezel Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    that sucks about the router

but HOLY SHIT! that grain

if you dont mind me asking, where did you get the templates cut? i'm looking at a build and i want to get good templates in advance this time. i've got a few plans and need someone i can send some PDFs and get good accurate templates back.
    Thank you! I wasn't expecting it to pop that much, so I'm pleasantly surprised.
    About the router jump- shit happens, so next time I order templates, I'll just throw a replacement onto the plan.
    I got the templates done at Razorlab. I would not recommend them though. Very expensive for a 7x7" piece of plastic (added up to about 20) and the turnaround was slow. Somewhere between 1 or 2 weeks of no action being taken, I had to email them asking what was up, then they said they would prioritise the order, which arrived soon after.
    That being said, I'm going to get my next set of templates done by another company with a bigger bed, meaning there will be more excess material too (I'm building a V next) so if you want to send me your vectors, I could probably add them to my next order and send them over to you when I receive it. Not sure when I'm ordering, though.
    The above comment may or may not be about Morbid Angel.

ME: Guitar?!?!
    Rig: Rig?!?

Quote Originally Posted by BStobart View Post
    Thank you! I wasn't expecting it to pop that much, so I'm pleasantly surprised.
    About the router jump- shit happens, so next time I order templates, I'll just throw a replacement onto the plan.
    I got the templates done at Razorlab. I would not recommend them though. Very expensive for a 7x7" piece of plastic (added up to about 20) and the turnaround was slow. Somewhere between 1 or 2 weeks of no action being taken, I had to email them asking what was up, then they said they would prioritise the order, which arrived soon after.
    That being said, I'm going to get my next set of templates done by another company with a bigger bed, meaning there will be more excess material too (I'm building a V next) so if you want to send me your vectors, I could probably add them to my next order and send them over to you when I receive it. Not sure when I'm ordering, though.
    Best thing I could recommend is getting master templates made from plexi, then copying them into MDF with a template bit. MDF templates don't last as long but you'll still have your master available.

ME: RG 1550
    MA: ROFL
    MB: Dafuq?!
    Rig: Mesa Mark IV, Recto 2x12

Dude, if you get more made let me know, I'll be up for going in with you on that! Bro! Brobrobrobro! Seerrrrrrsly bro
    I DOEN A BAD MURDA.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RGD Prestige
    MB: LTD Surveyor
    Rig: Diezel Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    Dude, if you get more made let me know, I'll be up for going in with you on that! Bro! Brobrobrobro! Seerrrrrrsly bro
    Sure thing, I'll Facebook message you when I'm ready to order!

ME: Bugsy
    MA: Cane
    Rig: Bias

That sucks about the router slip, but, at least it's on the inside where it won't be seen.

Naptha seems to remove sticky gunk quite well from most anything.

Grain looks great!

Curious, how are you going to ground the bridge?

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

I wouldn't worry about the router slip if it's hidden. You'll know it's there, but no one else ever will.
    I'm so metal I shit bats

My band > WALK IN COMA