Do you have a teacher? Don't come in sick!

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Do you have a teacher? Don't come in sick!

ME: RG1527
    MA: Eastman AC-420
    Rig: Mesa Stiletto Ace

Do you have a teacher? Don't come in sick!

This one may hit home for a few of our teachers/students across the forum.

I teach guitar. Enough where I could probably do it full time, but choose to keep a part time job as well - Just in case a lot of students quit at once.

Long story short: Cold/Flu season is coming up. I've had 2 students come in today coughing with snot dripping from their nose.

If you're sick - don't come to your lesson. Call your teacher to tell them, of course, but just take the makeup lesson once you feel better. It's way easier for a teacher to make up a few lessons with one person than have to make up 30-40 because some kid got them sick.

I realize this is pretty ranty, but still. Discuss.

To mods: Not entirely sure where this one would go. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.
    "Sometimes you have to confront your own patterns and expectations of yourself and do away with things that you enjoy doing in order to move forward and keep evolving as a musician. That's exactly the definition of the word progressive of course." —Steven Wilson

ME: Raven 7 - my design
    MA: self-made dreadnought
    MB: Kubicki EX-Factor
    Rig: 7channels > 2 Axe-FX II's

I see it as an unavoidable part of the teaching gig.

Isn't it true that people are most contagious just before they manifest their cold & flu symptoms anyway?

If it's any consolation when I started teaching 20 years ago I'd catch a cough or cold or flu every other month or so, but you can only catch each virus once and then your immune system has anti-bodies for it. Since those early years I hardly ever catch cold/flu bugs at all.