Fingerboard scale diagrams for 7 string

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Fingerboard scale diagrams for 7 string

ME: Bugsy
    MA: Cane
    Rig: Bias

Fingerboard scale diagrams for 7 string

There's not a lot of scale diagrams for 7 string guitar, so, I made some for the following scales: Major, Natural Minor, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor, Pentatonic Major, Pentonic Minor, Blues and Whole Tone. There are two fingerboards so you can compare scales and each scale is on it's own layer so you can select which to view.

Hope it's helpful. Comments and suggestions would be appreciated!

ME: RGA 121 & SLSMG
    Rig: Blackstar Stage 60

That's pretty sweet! I think something like this should be make like this site that I'm pretty sure everyone uses

ME: Sherman Poips
    MA: Martin DXK2
    MB: StringlessRusted Leonbass
    Rig: Mark-V 25 1x12

When I was first figuring out the low B I just mirrored the scale that I knew on the high B. Easy and effective, especially if improvising.

EDIT: I used to try to memorize all different scales all over the fretboard, but for me, I found it was a waste of time. Now, I know the major/relative minor extremely well (not just the pattern, but I learned to memorize every interval value for every note), and I modify it for other scales.

Ex. Harmonic minor. Play natural minor with a b7. Pentatonics, ignore 2 and 6. Blues, add a b5/#4.

Also, getting really good at seeing intervals makes it so you don't have to totally memorize scales, especially for symmetric scales such as whole tone and half-whole/whole-half diminished.

I had a friend that had the "Guitar Grimour" book that is pretty much every scale in every key on the guitar, and I found this to be overwhelming and vastly inefficient. Instead, learning how to modify the major/natural minor to accomplish any mode, or using interval theory to instantly know any symmetric scale really pushed my playing to the next level.

However, this is my personal experience, and as always, YMMV.