Hello MG.org folks!
I have been giving Skype lessons to a select few for the last month, and now that I have developed new teaching techniques for online lessons, I thought I would offer them to you.
Here is a video of me rehearsing one of my songs if you want to know where my skill level is:
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNXCobwBELw]Sean Babiniec - Mechanized Solo - YouTube[/VIDEO]
My rates are $15 per half hour, and the first lesson is free.
Lessons topics include:
Development of student specific practice schedules
Custom student-specific etudes to work all of the above in a musical setting
JJ and Cameron have taken the most lessons from me, so if you want to ask them how they have been going, they will probably give you an honest evaluation!
Attached is also an etude I wrote for a lesson with Cameron using Guitar Pro. This etude works on a few specific technical areas such as:
- Fast linear runs
- String skipping
- Quick changes in note division (8th note triplet to 16th note triplet to 16th note)
It also focuses on some phrasing and composition ideas, such as:
- Carrying a melody over (or through) the next chord change
- Chord substitutions to enable the use of harmonic minor or diminished sounds
- Slightly modifying an arpeggio to carry across 2 chord changes (somewhat ostinato)
- Utilizing harmonic minor to have a strong pull to the natural minor tonic for resolution
Message me if you are interested in starting lessons!
But I already know how to use Skype.