Getting back on the proverbial horse

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Getting back on the proverbial horse

ME: SVK Les Paul Custom
    MA: Washburn something
    MB: Charvel 1B
    Rig: Marshall 8100

Getting back on the proverbial horse

Well, I've been feeling really unmotivated to play guitar lately, and it's really hard to get motivated when I constantly have to play at whisper volume, if at all, and the band I play in wants to play shitty music, and people I'm trying to contact to play different music with don't respond after agreeing we should do something together.

I need some help, some tips on how to get motivated and start needing it again. What's something I could do that would kick start the fire, and get me back into playing simply just to play for two hours straight, or even playing to get better at guitar?

Any help would be great, I'm kind of at a loss over here.
    Do you know what time it is? It's time to FARK SHEET ARRRRRP!!

ME: RG3570z
    MA: Breedlove Pursuit Concert
    Rig: Mesa/Boogie Mark Five:25

Wirelessly posted

I'd say the biggest thing is just make sure you are having fun again. Maybe learn a cover song, or tackle a new technique. Play along to some songs you know and just rock out. I've been going through a bit of the same lately. Both my serious bands broke up at the same time and it has been a weird transition for me from having 3 band practices a week and 2 shows a month to having nothing. For a while I didn't even know what to do with a guitar. So I know what ya mean about getting back on the horse. Just gotta remember why you picked it up in the first place and get back to that place
    Last edited by metalheadpunk; 08-31-2012 at 02:42 AM.

ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

Wirelessly posted

Kick everyone out of the house, crank a favourite song you know how to play, and just own the thing. This is "the refresher" if you will. After that, go on youtube and look up backing tracks to noodle over. Maybe you have a riff that never became a song - record it, loop it and experiment with it. Have fun!
    Sparrows (Space Punk, LOUD):