Scroll down for bulleted short version!
Anyways, I've been playing guitar for about 12 years now. My style is a cross between 80's thrash and i suppose a more progressive styled metal. (I'm trying to give my music a very classical base with ridiculous technical shredding and i'm not really getting very far on my own.)
I own a few different books and cds. But, to be quite frank, they're intensely boring and i hate using them. My schedule prevents me from taking lessons and i severely lack motivation.
I guess what i'm trying to say is that, I want to get MUCH better and have no clue what the hell i'm doing to make it there. So, i came here for help making a practice regimen that will get me where i want to go.
- 12 Years playing Guitar
- Have books / cds i hate using
- Odd schedule / can't take lessons
- Lack of Motivation
- Need help creating a plan / regimen
STYLE / GOALS
- 80's Thrash Metal
- Progressive Metal
- Like to make my riffs sound classical in a heavy metal sence.
- END-GOAL ..to be able to compose and play like Dave Mustaine