I'm selling this RG because I'm now hooked on multiscale for 8-string. Mostly because I have chick hands and some of the stretches on the 27" scale fuck me up. I have barely played this guitar in probably 6 months plus. Great guitar, just don't need it any more.
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:
Ibanez Prestige RG2228GK - purchased in late 2008.
Never gigged with it, home use only. Few very light pick scratches.
Modifications (if any):
- Replaced EMG 808s with SD Blackouts.
- 3-way blade modified such that center position is kill. Don't recall if I modded the original switch or put in a new one.
- Removed tone knob and pot, covered up hole from the inside with black plastic. Probably still have the knob if you want it...but why would you?
- Setup incl. fret leveling by Adam.
- Maybe not so relevant, but it has custom string gauges on it right now. I tune down a half step, so low to high it's: 0.075, 0.056, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.015, 0.010, 0.0085. Noting because I found the string gauges it came with to be really uncomfortable, whereas this feels about perfect to me.
Original hard case...pretty awesome, black snakeskin look.
Location (City,State or City,Country):
Contact Info (No Phone #s)
PM me here
References (eBay or other forum userid):
I sold the 808s and a Lundgren M-7 on SS.org under the same username. Mainly Adam/Elysian is my reference, as he's working on a custom for me, has done lots of work on my guitars, we live in the same town, etc.
Price (include currency and if firm/obo):
$1200 shipped if within the USA.
Sorry for the shitty photos...I figure you've all seen an RG2228 before, though. Mainly I wanted to show the Blackouts and removed tone knob. You can also see the pick scratches I mentioned.