FS 1989 Eerie Dess Soloist Project

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: 1989 Eerie Dess Soloist Project

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

1989 Eerie Dess Soloist Project

Obviously has conditional issues in addition to being a project. A lot of the marbelized finishes from this era (on Jacksons as well as other brands) flake really badly, and this one has it in quite a few spots (as is evident from the pictures). If there is a chip the edges will peel up and it will expand. The only chip on the back of the neck is on the treble side under the seventh fret and isn't in a place I feel while playing. I was considering having someone competent sand down the clear and reclear it with the "distressed" look, but at the end of the day I have too many other Jacksons that need playing to invest too much time in this one. Still looks pretty cool if you are into the sort of "my guitar is decaying" aesthetic. If you aren't it would make a good refinish project for a fan of 80s soloists. Unbound rosewood board (nice piece of rosewood), matching headstock, small logo, pull-up route. Plays and sounds awesome. The neck carve smokes. Frets are in good shape and have quite a bit of life left. JT-590 has some corrosion but still functions perfectly. No arm. Both single coils are dummies (their leads have been clipped at the baseplate) and the top one has been sanded down and...written on. Not sure if I have the screws for the middle one, it is just sitting loose in the cavity in the pictures. They are J200s, for what it is worth, not that I ever cared, since they sounded like shit anyways. One of them had the end snap off and it has since been securely glued back on. The lowermost potentiometer hole has been expanded to accept a 3/8" pot, as opposed to the 5/16" pots Jackson was using stock at the time. Pickup ring and control cavity cover are included. Tremolo cavity cover isn't. Not sure about the truss rod cover, but I will check if I have it. Schaller straplocks. No case. Anything not pictured that I did not specifically mention in this listing is NOT included. $440 shipped and insured via paypal gift in the CONUS. If you need more pictures or information, ask.

If you are the kind of person that wants macro photos of every single spot in which the finish is chipping don't bother inquiring. This is not the guitar for you. As I explicitly mentioned at the start of the listing the finish is chipping in quite a few places.

Open to shipping to other locations, inquire for adjusted rates.

ME: Schecter
    MA: Yamaha - Nylon
    MB: OLP MM3
    Rig: V2 / Titan

this is quite rad

"The most important thing I look for in a musician is whether he knows how to listen." -Duke Ellington

No matter what state that guitar is in, its a fine guitar! lets hope I can earn another $50 in my paypal soon!

pm sent