FS/FT 2004 Ibanez RG1550 - Pic Heavy

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Ibanez RG1550 - Pic Heavy

ME: Peavey Vandenberg
    MA: Blue Ridge BR70
    Rig: BIAS

2004 Ibanez RG1550 - Pic Heavy

I met this beautiful lady back in '04. She was glistening and gorgeous and new. I just knew I had to have her. I fell in love with her almost instantly. We did everything together. I spent every afternoon after work groping her, playing our favorite songs, or enjoying a movie and eating our favorite brand of kettle corn. It was glorious!

"Very few lucky one's will ever have what we have."

It soon became apparent that she had too much love to give. Far too much for one man to handle all by his lonesome. My heart ached once I came to the realization that she was spending a lot of time with my own cousin! I broke out into a jealous rage. I made horrible decisions, such as, allowing her tactless scheme of passing between myself and him to go on. But never a ménage à trois. Not even once.

"She's a classy lady, damn you!" At least, that's what I thought.

The sharing aspect may be what caused the light in my heart for her to slowly burn out. Just picturing her with him drove me absolutely insane! Disdain for her would slowly creep in each time she was around me, and I just wanted her to leave. To go be with him, where I knew she wanted to be.

"This act of yours has grown tiresome!" I exclaimed.
    "Go stay with him, it's what you want!"
    "I want to move on with my life without you in it!"

Yet, my heart still ached for her.

It's funny how the memories you cherished before a breakup can become your worst enemies.
    The thoughts you once loved to think about. The memories you wanted to hold tightly to forever
    -- it suddenly seems a lot safer to lock them away in a box, far from the light of day and swallowing the key.
    It's not always a bad idea to watch life from the safety of the inside of a window, is it?

Years went by before the night that she showed up on my doorstep. Her lies of choosing me over him temporarily sparked a long-burned out flame. I thought everything would go back to the way it used to be. I tried my hardest to rekindle the past. But we eventually fell apart again. She wanted nothing more than for me to stroke her neck and twiddle her strings. She didn't want my heart back. She didn't deserve my heart! She was only here for one reason -- he wanted nothing to do with her. I could take no more! I lashed out, and put her in her place.

"You'll forever remain frozen, hanging from the wall like a long forgotten ornament! Untouched, and afraid!"

And with that, she was banished.

Now...I've come to the difficult decision to let her go from her imprisonment. Hanging there neglected, seldom catching a moment's gaze over the course of many days and nights is not where she belongs. She belongs in the care of someone who she will love in a way that she could never love me. Someone who will be there for her, for our story has come to an end. She's left an imprint on my heart and mind. It's finally time to let her go.

Before I release her into the hands of a stranger, please, come, take a quick stroll with me down memory lane. (Feel free to play your favorite Sarah McLachlan song while you scroll...slowly.)

Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”
    -Stephen King

TL;DR
    I bought this guitar new back in 2004, and over the years, it has passed ownership between my cousin and I. He doesn't want it back, and I don't play it anymore. Would hate to see it just sit here when someone could get use out of it.

• Does have the typical chips in a couple places around the edges. I tried picturing the worst part in the last 2 pictures -- colored in with a Sharpie -- Don't be confused by the reflection of clouds - Makes it kinda look like paint swirling or blotching, it's not. Just clouds.
    • Bridge pickup is Dimarzio Evo II
    • I no longer have the trem arm/whammy bar or the trem cavity cover or original knobs or original V8 bridge pickup.
    • Installed Tremol-No, and I will include the original trem claw, but I do not have any springs for it.
    • Plays well, but could probably use a good set up. Elixir 10-46 strings on it, roughly six months old.

Looking to trade for a decent hardtail 7-string. Ibanez, Schecter Banshee Elite.. What'cha got?

Or will sell outright. I have it listed on Reverb for $700 +$35 shipping: Ibanez Prestige RG1550 2004 Black
    If anyone here wants it, $700 shipped.

Can only ship to US, lower 48.

Have bought some stuff from a few people on here, Drache713, Brian, Elysian, RGhoarder.
    LWKeeping on eBay = 100%

And the real pics:

Edit:
    Just did some reading once I realized the serial started with F02, which indicates it was built in 2002.
    This apparently was built in 2002 but the RG1550 model was released from 2003-2004. I bought it new in 2004.
    Last edited by LWKeeping; 09-05-2016 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Price Lowered

That took way too damn long to type.

ME: EBMM JP6 / JP7
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

This is amazing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This is amazing.

ME: RG 1550
    MA: ROFL
    MB: Dafuq?!
    Rig: Mesa Mark IV, Recto 2x12

I LOVE my 1550
    I DOEN A BAD MURDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    I LOVE my 1550
    You looking to get yours a friend? -hint-hint-wink-wink-

Nah, they're great guitars. I just don't play it anymore. It had literally been at least 2-3 months since I had touched it before taking the pictures the other day. I'm sure I'll regret getting rid of it some day, so I'm hoping to replace it with something else I'll fall in love with.

ME: RG 1550
    MA: ROFL
    MB: Dafuq?!
    Rig: Mesa Mark IV, Recto 2x12

Nah I just bought an old man guitar just a week ago that I need to get better acquainted with yet!

And sell my chiparison.

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: Mesa Roadking II

best for sale thread EVER. The internet has been won