Do not drink this...

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Do not drink this...

Do not drink this...

Sweetwater Blue.

Can't link to the Blue, so click on it and check it out.

So my girlfriend and I leave this Irish Pub last night, and on the way home she ran in the store and grabbed some beer. She knows that I like Sweetwater, and she recognized it, so she asked the all intelligent gas station attendant what the difference was between the Sweetwater 420 and the Blue.

He ultra informative response was that the Blue is for the girls, and the 420 is for the guys. Hell yeah dude, great summation! So she took that to think it must be just a "lighter" beer, so she grabs that.

Let me tell you that this is a blueberry flavored beer. Yup, blueberry flavored beer. That's all I need to say. I knew the second she mentioned it in the car, and she didn't believe me. Please don't ever bother getting this, I guess, unless you're a girl. I would have been thrilled with the 420, so it was Miller Lite for me last night.

ME: 90 RG570
    Rig: Digitech GSP2101

I've had that beer before, while trying some different brews between flights when I went to NJ in August. I didn't hate it, but I only had one and moved on to another type of beer

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    I didn't hate it, but I only had one and moved on to another type of beer
    Here's the bad thing... I'm forced to switch to it now that we've run out of everything else.

I could have sworn we were supposed to put these in the cooler today and take them to the game and let other people drink them.

ME: Schecter Avenger 7
    Rig: HD500/KRKs

Huh, sounds a lot like Wild Blue, though I rather like that one. It fucks you up rather quick too at 8%.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

As far as blueberry beer goes, either the Wachusset Blueberry or the Smuttynose Blueberry (one or the other, not both) is sort of palatable, provided it's the summer, unusually hot, and the girl you're with thinks guys who drink blueberry beer are sexy. Like I said, sort of palatable.

Otherwise, the whole genre is sort of a failure. This is true of most fruit-flavored beers I've had, Magic Hat's excellent #9 being a notable exception.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Warmoth Warhead
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall ABI, Kubicki
    Rig: Budda SD30

Long Trail's Blackbeary Wheat and Magic Hat's #9 are excellent fruity beers. Especially Blackbeary Wheat.
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

ME: Les Paul
    MA: Les Paul
    MB: Les Paul
    Rig: Mini Rec

The only one I ever liked was a little local homebrew that wound up in a local gas station's fridge. It had actual blueberries in the bottom for post-drink nomming (they were shriveled up to the size of peas from the distillation process), and the beer somehow wasn't too sweet.

Otherwise, I'm with Drew.
    Making metal every night and day.

ME: EBMM JP7
    MB: Ibanez SDGR 705
    Rig: Axe Fx II

If you put fruit in beer it stops being a beer...

Don't worry about people talking behind your back, it just means you're one step ahead and they're in perfect position to kiss your ass!