How much sleep do you need?

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much sleep do you need?

ME: Sherman 8 String
    MB: Dingwall ABI 6 String
    Rig: Axe-FX Ultra

How much sleep do you need?

As someone who's been perpetually sleep deprived for the last.... 7 or 8 years, or so, I'm curious as to how much sleep you guys generally need to feel all right for the day. Some people are supposedly good with 3 or 4, but I'm definitely not.

And, relatedly, are ya'll actually getting the kind of sleep you need?

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65

I generally feel best with 7 to 8 hours of sleep, though I can function on less if needed. Any less than 3-4 and I'm hating life I tend to keep my sleep patterns pretty regular, as I'm prone to migranes if I don't, though I am occasionally prone to insomnia.

ME: Les Paul
    MA: Les Paul
    MB: Les Paul
    Rig: Mini Rec

I'm finding that 6 hours is not quite enough, despite it being approximately 2 whole REM cycles. I do better with 7-8. 9 is awesome but quite rare.
    Making metal every night and day.

ME: ESP Maverick
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Orange

I never get enough sleep...

Seriously, each day, i'm always missing an hour of sleep or so... I need 8 hours minimum. It's been going on for the last couple of years. I'm so tired sometimes that one of my eyes will start having spasms.
    President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club

ME: Sherman 8 String
    MB: Dingwall ABI 6 String
    Rig: Axe-FX Ultra

Myself, I usually feel okay with 8, so long as I've not been too sleep deprived in the preceding days. 7 is generally acceptable.

With few exceptions, though, I've usually been getting 2-4 a night since late December, and I'm really starting to feel the effects pile up. As with much in life, I was better able to do this when I was younger, but it's becoming harder and harder to maintain.

ME: KxK BSG7
    Rig: VHT GP3>Axe FX>VHT 2/90/2

I feel best with about 12 or so, but obviously that doesn't happen until weekends. Until then, I trudge along on weekdays with about 8 hours or so and feeling like a zombie.

Rig: Transporter

I can't get enough sleep.

No matter how much, or how little I sleep in a night, I'm always tired the next day. How tired, will of course vary.

ME: MIJ Tele
    MA: Guild GAD
    Rig: None.

I usually get 5 or 6, although I always feel tired. I think 8 - 10 is about perfect for me.

Although I think the real problem is when you're woken up in terms of the sleep cycle. If I'm woken or my alarm goes off in REM of a deeper sleep stage, thats just a crappy way to start a day. But every once in a while my alarm will align with a lighter sleep stage and waking up will be relatively easy and my energy level will seem higher.

Even still, the 6 or so hours I get don't do it, and I can definitely feel it throughout the day.