Quesadillas Weekend!

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Quesadillas Weekend!

ME: Charvel MetalCaster
    Rig: Line6/Carvin

Quesadillas Weekend!

I figured since it was Cinco de Mayo on Saturday, plus I didnt have any gigs and had plenty of beer around the house, I would spend the day making a variety of Quesadillas.

Some prep pics:

Cant have Mexican without homemade corn salsa. This is basically sweet corn, red onion, white onion, green pepper, red pepper, orange pepper, cilantro and lime juice with red pepper flakes sprinkled in there.

Frying up epic Bacon:

BBQ chicken:

Taco meat:

I also make my own corn tortilla chips. I sprinkle Seasons Salt, red pepper flakes and some other spice I forget what its called right now.

After chopping up Green Peppers, Orange Pepper, Onions, Red Onions, Jalapenos, Spinach, Green Onion, Red Pepper, cilantro and the meats. Taco meat, Chicken Taco meat, Bacon, BBQ Chicken. A bunch of different cheeses. Feta, Cheddar, "Mexican" and Moz. Also, some home made pico de gallo that I forgot to take a picture of.

#1: Chicken taco meat, bacon, white onion and red pepper flakes. Not bad. Pretty standard fare though. Good "safe" Quesadillas.

#2: Chick Taco mean, roasted peppers, green onion, Franks Red Hot Sauce. Very good. The roasted peppers really give it some nice flavor.

#3: BBQ Chick, bacon, green pepper, red onion, red pepper flakes. Probably the best of the bunch. The sweetness of the BBQ chicken, the saltiness of the bacon and the red pepper flakes really made a great combo.

#4: BBQ Chicken, Taco meat, roasted peppers, white onion, Franks Red Hot. Very good. Not as good as with the bacon, but I really liked the BBQ chicken in there.

#5: Meat Lovers. Taco Meat, BBQ Chicken, Bacon, Chicken Taco, Red Pepper Flakes, Franks Red Hot. I had high hopes for this one since I am a meat loving fool, but it fell short on the epic scale. Still good, but kind of meat over load I think.

#6: Spinach, Feta Cheese, roasted peppers. Great idea, but wow not good at all. The Feta cheese is a bit too much of a quesadillas.

I ended up making about 20 quesadillas on Saturday to use up most of the ingredients. Most of them the same as these, and then some other random combos, but I started getting shit faced and forgot to take photos, but oh well.

One that I did like that I didnt get a picture of was bacon, BBQ chicken, roasted peppers, red onion and red pepper flakes. OMG... nom... nom... nom. that was good.