Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Going kayaking this weekend!

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  zepp 
#1 ·
My girlfriend and I are going kayaking this weekend and I am super excited. This will be my first time, but she has been kayaking before when she was younger.

We will be going here: Westmoreland State Park

Which is great because a large portion of my family is from that area. My great grandmother still lives out there so some of my family are going to meet up and visit her before Nikki and I go to the park.

Apparently they have $7 kayak rentals there according to a friend of mine.

We went hiking on the Appalachian Trail last weekend, and this weekend we will be kayaking in the Northern Neck. Fucking awesome. I'm excited!

#3 ·
:D

I've paddled canoes before and found that to be a lot of fun, so the idea of a little personal canoe that goes faster is megawin :lol:

I started looking into them and it seems you can get a pretty decent kayak for ~$400 and you can strap two of them to a roof rack. That is just so badass.

We want to get into outdoorsy activities every available weekend.

#8 ·
Owning our own kayaks is a ways out. Money isn't exactly plentiful lately.

The Thule racks look nice. They have an attachment just for kayaks.
The Thule racks are definitely well built, but it depends on what kind of car you're putting them on. We a two sided rack with was just two poles in the middle and the kayaks sat on either side and you tied them from the front and read to under the bumper. Given how high off the ground the truck was and such it as a monumental pain in the ass getting them up there, as well as you also have to tie a cord around the two together o make sure they don't topple off the side.

That's my experience from the ...I guess Teepee mount you could call them since that's what they ended up looking like when they were both mounted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.