Memory foam mattress....worth it?

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Memory foam mattress....worth it?

ME: PRS / Gibson
    MA: Yamaha
    MB: Jazz 6-string
    Rig: EVH 5150iii 50w

Memory foam mattress....worth it?

Has anyone made the switch to memory foam mattress (i.e. Temperpedic)? Was it worth it?
    In the last couple years, i have serious shoulder, hip and back pain that makes it difficult to sleep. LET'S HEAR YOU!

ME: Decibel Javelin
    MA: Ibanez AJ307CE
    MB: Fretless Precision mutt
    Rig: Mesa F-30

I'm interested in giving one a try, now that they have ones that are supposed to be much cooler. We had a memory foam mattress topper for a while, and it was awesomely comfy, but man, did we ever sweat at night.

ME: Strypoverse
    MA: Ovation Electric
    Rig: Axe-FX II

I was a water bed guy for years. Unbaffled so I could put the proper motion in the ocean. It was killing my back though and my chiropractor would berate me every time I went. We went Tempurpedic and both of us really like it. Lot more comfortable to sleep on. But if I sleep in too long on Sunday I still do get a little sore. I hated the Tempurpedic pillows. One thing I did notice with the one we got though is they can be a little cold when you first get in. It's like the air in our drafty old house goes right through it. After a few minutes everything is better. Probably also why I don't find ours to be too warm. My brother has an upgraded model and complains the thing gets too damn hot.
    Let not the dixie cup mislead you!

ME: Ibanez-Various
    MB: Ibanez RD707
    Rig: Carvin Legacy

With all of the back surgeries I've had this past year--I got a memory foam mattress.
    It makes a world if difference. I got the thickest one possible. Feels like I'm sleeping on a cloud!!!
    I still like to have a few pillows under my knees, but the mattress is top-notch.
    The heavier parts of your body, obviously sink in more, and makes the rest feel like you're floating.

I do get better sleep with it--and that's the whole objective.
    I highly recommend getting one.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

We have a Sleep Number, and it made all those complaints go away, Shannon. My only complaint is that my wife keeps her side practically deflated, so my side leans into it.
    Division: American Metal without the suck.

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: Stuff
    MB: More Stuff
    Rig: Extra Stuff

I tried one out in a store recently. Absolutely loved it. But they're ridiculously pricey here for the good ones. I've got the cheaper mattress topper now. It's definitely an improvement on a sprung mattress, but it's not as good as the real deal.

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|‹berschall

We have a sleep number as well, as we love it.

ME: '89 Jackson RR1 Cust
    Rig: TriAxis/G-Force/2:90 Rack

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    We have a Sleep Number, and it made all those complaints go away, Shannon. My only complaint is that my wife keeps her side practically deflated, so my side leans into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt C View Post
    We have a sleep number as well, as we love it.
    Couldn't more!!

I had a mid-back pain for years (water bed sleeper) after going through my chemo. I would have to sit in a chair with a back massaging thing every morning for 15 mins before getting into the shower and starting my day. I stayed at a Raddisson hotel which had the beds in the suites. The next morning, the pain was gone! I slept in it a 2nd night, and again, zero back pain. Went home to the waterbed, INSTANT back pain the next day!

I went and bought a sleep number bed, and never looked back! When I moved out, I got a California King Sized waterbed frame from my parents, so I got the Cali King waterbed replacement mattress. Since I'm 6'1" and my gf is 5'10", its wonderful that its a Cali King. Also, she keeps hers at 60 and I'm at 35, and that's the major advantage to a TempurPedic. As for cold/warm... I have a heated mattress pad on it too

Worth every penny of the $2500 I spend on it