Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Chris's Full Suspension Bike Thread

14K views 168 replies 25 participants last post by  1 
#1 ·
And now I have a trail bike. :D

It's a Cannondale Scalpel 29'er. I'm about to take it for a rather short initial ride, because my legs are still junk from this morning. :lol:

See less See more
#108 ·
I'd rock one of those chainguides if I had ISCG tabs, but I don't, and didn't want to pull the cranks out to put in a BB mount one.

I really don't care about weight on the MTB to be honest, my bike is heavy (around 30lbs) and so am I, and I carry 120oz of water and like 8lbs of tools and tubes and shit in my hydro pack anyway. :lol:

#116 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: My old riding buddies and I always said that green parts make you go at least 5% faster, but I think you're gaining at least a few speed percentage points with those valve caps.

In related news, I'm currently putting together my list of parts to get for the bikes before spring. Fucking money pits, these things are.

#117 ·
Red is the color of performance! Also take note that my tire lettering aligns nearly perfectly with the rim lettering. That was no accident! :yesway:

They definitely are money pits, but totally worth it IMO. Get your shit dialed in and ready man, because as soon as you're able to kick some ass, kick some ass we shall!

#126 ·
All the S-Works bikes are beauties. If I had unlimited money to throw around, though, I'd probably park my ass on a V10 Carbon:

And an Ibis Mojo HDR 750b:

Donnie, however, should totally buy a slopestyle bike so he can throw all those BMX tricks on the trails. :yesway:

#133 ·
What the fuck, man? :lol: Barely a couple months after getting the bike, and the only stock parts are the frame, fork, and... I want to say stem, cranks, and cassette?

At least you'll have a killer stock of back-up parts from all of this. But holy hell, this has to be killing the music gear budget.

Edit: I wholeheartedly approve, by the way. That bike is looking KILLER.

Edit 2: Everything I'm looking at getting is way less sexy. A brake bleed kit, new bearings/linkages for my frame (the downside of having the bearings bonded to the linkages), a new bearing for my headset, new grips, and rebuilds for my suspension. I want to get an SLX 2x10 groupset and new wheels, but they won't do me much good without working bearings everywhere else.

#143 ·
:lol: Well, it is basically a chainring that you mount on your cassette, after all. I'll probably be going to 10 speed next year (no way I can justify the cost of that this year when my 9 speed drivetrain is still perfectly functional), so I'll be interested in hearing what you think / trying it out when I get down there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.