Metal Guitarist Forums banner

My 2015 Season of Biking in Pictures

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Lozek 
#1 ·
Almost the end of the year, so why not! Here's last year's version:

http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum...iking-pictures.html?highlight=season+pictures

In January, there was snow. So I did a bunch of fat bike rides, with a bunch of good friends:

In February, it snowed. Holy fuck did it snow. It snowed a LOT. I went riding anyway.

And did some snowshoeing in a blizzard:

And then it was cold, but beautiful. :yesway:

March was cold, and there was snow. So my girlfriend and I did a ton of snowshoeing, which we realized was a hell of a lot of fun and a great way to spend the day outside.

It was really pretty:

We took the dog everywhere, which made for a super happy pooch that was super tired and super quiet at night.

I also rode a lot:

April came, and things started to thaw out. The missus and I rode a ton, and we had some great, sunny days:

I spent a lot of time in the woods:

And got extremely dirty.

In May, things started to warm up, so the nights got later. I rode a lot until sunset.

Went on a ride with some friends, everyone got a flat, and I was apparently surprised so I looked like this. :lol:

Things started to get green:

Rode to the ocean a few times:

And got some ice cream with friends more than once:

June was fucking awesome. Got my girlfriend a new MTB, and we rode absolutely everywhere.

Also rode a bunch of places, with a bunch of pals:

Made some new friends:

Hooked up for a ride with Dana:

Did a bunch of Downhill:

And managed to look kind of cool here and there:

June was amazing. It didn't even matter that I started off the month getting bit by a dog:

…Because the girlfriend and I took our bikes up to Acadia (Maine) for a vacation. It was beautiful. Rode a bunch, ate too much, drank too much, stayed up late, slept in, and had an awesome time just being away from it all for a while.

We got a hotel:

But didn't spend much time there:

In August, I did my first endurance MTB race. It took me 12 hours and is bar none the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. The start looked like this:

A bunch of us went out. A lot of people didn't finish, almost 1/3 of the field.

The course was brutally hard, and it was 90* out, but at times it was almost peaceful.

I finished.

It took me 12 hours. Here's the last pic of my GPS I took, 10 hours into it, 59 miles, 6600 feet climbed and another two hours to go. I'll do it again next year.

In September, I got a new cyclocross bike. So I rode it in the woods a ton.

Drew and I rode a century, more than half of which managed to be directly into the wind. It was a fuckin' long day with a lot of laughs and a lot of bitching about the wind.

My lady and I also did some MTB demo days, and she kicked a bunch of ass in the woods.

We also did a lot of road riding too, because fall is awesome.

October came, and I got a helmet ***. I made a lot of videos that nobody watched. :lol:

We strava'd a corn maze:

Sunsets got earlier, but were still pretty.

The leaves changed a bit.

Fall in New England is awesome.

November came, and the lady and I rode a bunch more. Leaves continued to change, and the weather was great.

Our dog had puppy-MCL surgery earlier in the year, so couldn't go to the park for a while. We got her a little contraption to help her get in and out of the car. She didn't like it at first, but got used to it.

She recovered nicely, got back out there, and was happy as hell to run around and play in the leaves.

I also rode a few new places, and went this way.

And after daylight savings, did a lot of riding at night with the usual suspects.

December has been amazing.

Even if the leaves are gone.

Pooch made some new friends:

And I rode a bunch, solo, with my girlfriend, with some old friends, some new friends, and even with some people I don't really like.

Because being outside is awesome. :yesway:

See less See more
#6 ·
And I take too few pictures to make one of these. :lol:

Actually, Chris takes enough pictures of me and I take a handful. Maybe I could, but it wouldn't be half as cool as this one. I do expect to see a better representation of Drew pics in the 2016 thread, though. :squint:

#9 ·
Is it cool to be Happy for you and Jealous as fuck at the same time?

... my girlfriend and I ... The missus and I ... my girlfriend ... Hooked up with Dana {Your GF has the same name as a member here? Oh. Never mind} ... Because the girlfriend and I ... the lady and I ... Our dog ... with my girlfriend ...
Hmmmmm :scratch: Enjoy it while you can. There's a big lull in there between the time you can just tote the kids along and they can actually join you. We just got up to an hour ride on a rail trail by the end of last summer. At least you'll be in a area that still has real hills. We have to visit them in WI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.