Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heeeyyyy

ME: (2) Rgx610m
    MB: Yamaha RBX800
    Rig: IRT Studio

Hello, my name is Sean.

I had no internet for awhile, just got it back. So I'm logging on to Sevenstring.org, right? After a loooong break from the net, I find that it's changed and run by different people. So I ask one of my buddies what happened and was directed here...to the metal.

So hi to everyone I know already and hello to those I haven't met yet.

I'm 21 years old and I teach guitar professionally. I'm the only guitar teacher staffed at my store that isn't required to have any sort of degree. I've been playing guitar for close to 10 years now and I love 7 strings. I like writing a lot of technical metal and am inspired a lot by bands like Obscura, Arsis, Necrophagist and so on.

I currently have a custom Ibanez Rg and have a custom Esp 7 in the works. I'm stumped on what else to say from there, so look forward to seeing me around.

Oh, and "custom Esp 7"?

Pics or it doesn't (won't) exist

Welcome to the forum!

ME: EBMM JP6 / JP7
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

ME: Shermans
    Rig: JCM800/6100

Welcome aboard, I remember you from SS. Here is my CS ESP:

ME: ESP Maverick
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Orange

This still rules SO HAAAAARD.

Sean !!!!
    President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club

ME: 90 RG570
    Rig: Digitech GSP2101

This is a recent picture of the "custom esp 7", its an LTD M107 with a 24 fret fretboard, its got black offset dots(though the pic is before I did those), its getting a blaze single in the neck spot and a BKP painkiller in the bridge. Basswood body, I've also modified the heel a bit for comfort. Sperzel tuners, and its getting finished in white. I also put a dual action truss rod in it instead of the stock single action. Body has been reshaped to be more like an ESP Maverick.

ME: '91 UV7PWH+'91 UV7BK
    Rig: Peavey JSX-Peavey 4/12

ME: (2) Rgx610m
    MB: Yamaha RBX800
    Rig: IRT Studio

Thanks guys!

And geeze, I just reread what I wrote last night (I was tired) and now I sort of feel like a dick to Adam. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was having a custom Esp made for me, but a customized. Adam is my custom shop. It didn't even run across my mind that it would come off that way. So sorry if I mislead! Not my intent! Sorry to Adam too! I didn't mean for it to seem like I was discrediting your work or trying to credit someone else. I was just tired and now I feel bad.

To retry and type what I said above in a more coherent state of mind, haha. I am having Adam (Elysian) work on my Esp. He still has it and is making it all sorts of cool for me. I don't know if anyone else views it the same way I do, but I see it as coming back a completely different guitar, better quality too. Adam is doing great!

And just to clarify, it's actually a BKP Cold Sweat humbucker, not a Painkiller.

And to Lee, I remember that one! It's AMAZING!