Hey guys.

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys.

Hey guys.

Hey guys, what's up?

My name is Firas, (Pronounced Fear Us) and I'm not really a guitarist. I always wanted to start playing guitar but at the time when I could afford a guitar, I didn't have much time and when I had the time, I didn't have the means to afford a guitar. I'm a workaholic, active in wrestling and I love reading a lot. Especially philosophy and history books and I go to school. Now it's summer, and my college semester is over, the work I had didn't give me enough hours so I went asking my brother for a job at his butchery. I currently work around 65 hours a week and it all conflicts my wrestling club schedule. So I decided to pick up a new hobby, something I always wanted, play the guitar. I went and bought myself a guitar I always thought looks just wonderful, and I think since I can't appreciate the instrument fully now as I can't really understand the depths of it, it's very important that the guitar looks attractive and appealing for me so I spend more time playing. I got myself a B.C Rich Warlock, I forgot the entire name of it but I remember it's in Kerry King's series. I'm slowly trying to learn through videos on youtube.com, tabs and tips from friends I know who play the guitar, yet sadly I don't have much time to meet them and have a crash course about how to play this amazing thing since I only have Fridays off from work, and I dedicate that day to my girlfriend.

Anyway, I've had the guitar since this past thursday and I have already spent a lot of time with.

I hope you guys can help me become a better guitar player.

ME: Schecter Loomis 7
    Rig: Boss GT-8

The only proof he needed for the existance of God was music.
    Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

If music is a part of you, then starting to learn to play it will be either a great adventure, or a huge money-pit headache. Or, more likely, somewhere in between

Oh, I forgot to mention. My favorite styles are Death Metal and Thrash Metal and some of my favorite bands are Cannibal Corpse, Vader, Kataklysm, Destruction and Kreator. I'm also a fan of Blues music.

ME: MIJ Tele
    MA: Guild GAD
    Rig: None.

Feel welcome to ask any questions.

ME: Schecter
    MA: Yamaha - Nylon
    MB: OLP MM3
    Rig: V2 / Titan

Welcome dude! Death metal & blues!

"The most important thing I look for in a musician is whether he knows how to listen." -Duke Ellington

ME: Camo COW7
    Rig: Behringer GM108 15W

The Industrialist

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL