Hi Everyone

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Hi Everyone

ME: Schecter Jeff Loomis
    MA: Ovation 2778AX Elite
    Rig: Blackstar HT Club40, E530

Hi Everyone

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking here for a pretty damn long time and I thought "screw it, I'm going to join in on the fun because this place is as metal as Fuck!".

I've been a member of SSO (go by the name 'RiffRaff' over there) for a while but don't really post too often as I found myself being pulled to this site way more often.
    Fun fact: My username here 'Forewarned' is actually a anagram of my first and last name.

I've been playing guitar for about 6 years and have been playing seven strings for the last three of those years. I love metal; stuff like Nevermore, cynic, Jane's Addiction etc. , but there are a few bands I fucking Lurve which are...

Alice in Chains - Jerry Cantrell has been my biggest influence, and I love everything he's put out.This band was just beautiful.

Helmet - There's something about the Simple Drop-D Riffage which I can't get enough of. 'Betty' blew my mind when I got into it. I had the pleasure of meeting Page Hamilton at a few Helmet gigs when they toured Australia and he is hands down not only one of the nicest musicians I've met but also one of the nicest human beings I've met. It's so refreshing when you're idols and heroes are just awesome people.

Derek Taylor + Scott Stine - I only really discovered these guys about a year ago but I've already got their whole catalogues. Their phrasing and ideas are unreal. For some reason I just really connect with the stuff they did in Crimeny. It's filthy, sludgey, and I fucking love it.
    They can play their asses off as well.

Haji's Kitchen - Only discovered them last year but their first self titled album they did is already arguably my favourite album. It's so consistent and the riffs just dominate from start to finish and fuck me, Eddie Head and Brett Stine absolutely destroy with their phrasing and fretwork. They're like Alice in Chains with seven strings and they just blow my mind.

So, Enough about me and what makes me tick. I hope to contribute something useful around here because this place looks like a good forum and everyone seems really cool. I've got some new gear coming so there will be some pic-stories in the near future.

Stay Metal!

Derek Taylor is a monstrous guitarist. I saw a video of his doing some bluesy/metal hybrid picking licks that floored me, and it's one of my favourite guitar videos I've ever seen. Pity I can't find it right now...

ME: Parker MaxxFly DF824
    Rig: Dual Recto

Confront and Cry

ME: Camo COW7
    Rig: Behringer GM108 15W

The Industrialist

ME: Schecter Loomis 7
    Rig: Boss GT-8

The only proof he needed for the existance of God was music.
    Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

ME: none
    MA: Seagull!
    MB: None.
    Rig: Hd500->V300->Mesa 212

Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)