Scandinavian contribution

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Scandinavian contribution

ME: Ibanez RGT42DX

Scandinavian contribution

Hello all,

My name is Tommi. I'm from Finland, 29 years old and have been playing guitar for something 14 years now. Recently I have picked up an interest in mixing/producing as well, but most of all I am trying to write & record my own music. On top of that I am a husband and a father of three kids.

Despite of playing 14 years, I have never been part of a real band, had tried to do such a few times and had to drop due to various reasons. I am mostly a rhythm player, never really been into soloing and that kind of stuff.
    Since all my band attempts have failed, I have decided to put up a one man show. This project is (as for now) known simply as TM. My goal one day is to publish an EP (probably even an album) filled with my own compositions. Main style to my music is melodic death metal meets thrash metal (makes absolutely no sense, but who cares).

At the moment I posses an Ibanez RGT42DX with EMG 81/85 pickups. I have no amp, I do my shit digitally (try to blast an 100W tube head in an apartment and kids), my interface being a PreSonus Firestudio Mobile, plugged into a custom built PC. For DAW I am using Studio One 2.5 Producer. I don't have a bass guitar (about to get one though), so I make my bass tracks using midi and then make a "real" bass guitar inside Studio One using virtual instruments and EzMix2 by Toontrack. For drums I use EZDrummer by Toontrack.
    Somewhere during the summer time I am planning to expand the collection of guitars by acquiring a VGS Soulmaster 120/7 with Evertune bridge.

I think that about sums it, please check my shit on Soundcloud Tommi Mäkelä's Spotlight page on SoundCloud - Hear the world and leave a comment or two.

Remember to stay METAL

ME: RGD2127z/Apex 100
    Rig: Diezel Hagen/Zilla's

Your region unleashes the best music out there in my opinion. Welcome aboard!

ME: ESP Maverick
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Orange

Welcome to the forum.
    President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club ©

ME: Schecter Loomis
    MA: Ibanez classical
    MB: Ibanez SR400QM
    Rig: Fenders

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

Quote Originally Posted by stuh84 View Post
    Your region unleashes the best music out there in my opinion. Welcome aboard!

Welcome man.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies