What's up guys?

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's up guys?

ME: Explorer Custom

What's up guys?

Hello all. I stumbled across this site recently and have been lurking around to get a feel for the place.

A little bit about myself: I started playing guitar in 1996 but fell out of the hobby around 2000/2001. After that I went to college, did a stint in the military (USAF if you were wondering), got married, had a kid...yadda yadda. Guitar didn't really fit into my schedule anymore. After a long hiatus I just got back into playing in the last few weeks or so. My daughter found my guitar and wanted to hear me play it, so I tuned it up and gave it a rip. It felt great to be playing again, and I've been practicing for the last few weeks trying to build my chops back up. I've found a wealth resources online and am blown away by what's available these days. Guitar stuff on the internet was definitely NOT at this level back when I used to play.

I don't have too big of a gear collection at the moment. My main guitar is a black Ibanez S470 that I bought in '99. I also have an 80's Ibanez RG that was given to me years ago. It's not playable at the moment but I am thinking of turning it into a restoration project to get it working again. I also have a cheap Ibanez classical guitar that I play around on when I am in an acoustic mood. I also love Explorer style body shapes and am trying to save up for a USA made cherryburst Dean Z or Jackson Kelly in the near future. My old amp (a 25W Peavey) was lost during one of my many moves, so I recently purchased a 15W Vypyr and have had a blast playing with all of the effects.

As for music, I was a die-hard metalhead back in my day but sort of drifted away from that style when some of the big-name bands went soft and nu-metal took over the scene. These days I'm into a lot of stoner rock and some doom metal...bands like Queens of the Stone Age, The Sword, Dozer, and Sasquatch, if those ring any bells. Aside from metal, I really enjoy flamenco music and hope to learn more of that style.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you and contributing to the site.

ME: KxK customs
    Rig: Verellen Amps

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

ME: Strypoverse
    MA: Ovation Electric
    Rig: Axe-FX II

Let not the dixie cup mislead you!

ME: PRS / Gibson
    MA: Yamaha
    MB: Jazz 6-string
    Rig: EVH 5150iii 50w

Hello, neighbor!

ME: RGD2127z/Apex 100
    Rig: Diezel Hagen/Zilla's

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

ME: Explorer Custom

Quote Originally Posted by shannon View Post
    Hello, neighbor!
    We might be neighbors, man. I live in West Seattle too.