Thank you for creating this site!!!!

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for creating this site!!!!

Thank you for creating this site!!!!

Hi all!

I'm a new member here and can't wait to become part of this community. I am sort of new to the whole music forum scene, and was a member of another prominent metal/erg site until a recent banning by abusive mods. I did a lot of research before joining, and it seems like a much more easy-going, friendly place.

The other site just seemed like a contest about who could police threads more and be a bigger D-head.

I joined this other site, and after months of contributing, I posted letting everyone know I was going to be selling my guitar locally and if anyone could give me advice on how to maximize profits and advice in the best places to look. I got banned for a month for "don't spam gear outside the classifieds".... WHAT?!?! I never tried to sell anything to anyone on that site.

Anyway, when the ban was lifted; I started a thread calling out the shitty mods and asking for a perma-ban. After about 6 hours of shitty comments and BS about how they don't care if people leave their community, I was perma-banned.

Damn bullies.

ME: Warmoth Warhead
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall ABI, Kubicki
    Rig: Budda SD30

Well, if you're coming here to complain about moderation on /7/, keep in mind that there are a few /7/ moderators who are moderators of this board too
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

I never mentioned a site name.

I didn't come here to complain, only to partake in the forums and express my gratitude for the admin creating such a great site.

Also, I would hope the admin would not appoint people to moderator positions who would ban someone because of something that happened on another site.

ME: Charvel MetalCaster
    Rig: Line6/Carvin

I think Josh just giving a friendly heads up to keep what happens elsewhere elsewhere. its not uncommon for someone to get banned at a different site, come here and bitch/whine/moan only to realize they are bad mouthing that same person over here.

Also, sarcasm is huge here and thick skin is definitely recommended.

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

Greetings. I own this site and am also the guy that started /7/.

Welcome to MG. Please leave other site drama at other sites, and don't start out on the wrong foot by immediately griping about forum moderation.

I do love heckling and all that and can take some punishment, but understand where I'm coming from as well; I am pissed about what happened and am hopeful this place is different.

Anyway, I'm definitely not badmouthing anyone or any site in particular, more so expressing my hopes that I didn't join a similarly abusive environment.

By the way, I didn't type anything into the "tags" section, so I don't know how 7 tags got generated for this? Can people add tags to your threads?

Also, what is /7/?

Nevermind, figured it out

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

A lot of other forums kinda suck, which is why this is the only one I tend to visit

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    A lot of other forums kinda suck, which is why this is the only one I tend to visit
    Agreed. I only have one thread going on, but so far the community seems MUCH better.