Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Hello from my tin can

Bugera Trirec Infinium 100W 3-Channel Valve Amp Heads

ME: Gibson Les Paul
    MA: Guild
    MB: Custom Teak & Walnut
    Rig: Marshall JCM 800

Hello from my tin can

I joined this forum for two primary reasons and a third not so important reason.

The first reason was to hopefully learn more about playing a seven string guitar in the conventional manner instead of the way I currently use it, which feels like for lack or a simpler explanation feels as if I am limiting myself and my guitar's capabilities.

The second reason is to hopefully meet as nicer bunch of individuals who all share the same passion and interests as myself, who don't expect me to know everything about how computers and the internet and how it's software works, who accuse people who ask simple questions to be trolls and trolling - I had to google what that was and meant.

The third reason I joined was to improve my knowledge and skills with the computer, especially when it comes to using the internet, and online activities in general, I spend far more time with a guitar in my hands than I do sitting in front of and using a computer.

So let me introduce myself a bit better, I'm not primarily a metal guitarist, though I do play guitar in a hard rock and blues based six piece band, I'm not the lead guitarist, nor am I the rhythm guitarist we switch about, there are some songs that I play the lead for, there are some songs that I play the rhythm for, we find it helps keep things interesting for us as guitarists if we switch things about and don't have a rigid I'm lead and your rhythm setting. I play a lot of different genres everything from metal, to rock 'n' roll, classical. folk, progressive, jazz, the odd bit of country and western, basically everything except rap and hip hop.

I also teach guitar for a living, though I primarily teach classical guitar using the Trinity School of Music, and The London College of Music syllabus. I also teach electric guitar, but right now I have far more classical students than I do electric students, and most of my students are on the London School of Music syllabus.

Anyway I hope to find this place a lot friendlier and more welcoming than the last forum that I joined.
    Last edited by MajorTom; 02-13-2016 at 07:37 PM.

ME: Stuff
    MB: More Stuff
    Rig: Extra Stuff

Welcome aboard, sir!

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

ME: ESP Maverick
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Orange

President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club ©

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|Überschall

ME: Jackson DXMG
    MA: ibanez
    Rig: Jam Up/Bias

ahoy matey!

You'll find some of the best people here man.

We can be assholes in here too, but mostly in a friendly way
    There is no Dana….Only XUL

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

I'm so metal I shit bats

My band > WALK IN COMA