Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Roland TD9 Electric Drumkit.

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Groff 
#1 ·
As a guitarist/drummer I use an Electric kit. A variety of sounds at a fraction of the volume.

Does anybody own or play a Roland kit and can you explain your custom patches? I Might make a 'Double Kick' set which actually has a nice ringy snare and some nice splash/chinas, and certainly none of that 'Wash of reverb over the doublekick that sounds like a thousand kicks'.

#2 ·
Wish I could help you. I briefly had the "toy" Roland kit that fits in a corner, but that's as close as I got. If I ever get out of this fucking shitty apartment I live in with the thin floors and walls, I'm definitely getting a proper electronic kit, even if I'll never be the next Marco Minnemann.

#5 ·
It's a really quality kit. I use it for some Bonham stuff, some metal stuff and other 'stuff'. It's a processed sound, but it's amazing compared to other electronic drum kits. It just takes tweaking your own preset, experimenting with the volume mix, the very customisable reverbs, tuning and dampeners (weight, tape, blanket ect).

Very nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.