Metal Guitarist Forums banner

New 6 string jazz bass..

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  16 
#1 ·
#10 ·
Guarantee those electronics are absolute dildos, where are some replacement options for that housing?
The only direct-fit option I could find is Bartolinis, which is a good choice. None of the other p/up makers seem to make 6-string J-Bass pickups, for some reason--probably because Fender doesn't make a 6-string J-Bass. This is the first one I've ever seen.

6 String Bartolini Bass Pickups

#8 ·
Talkbass threads indicate that the pickups aren't bad; it's the stock strings that are the problem, and occasionally a lack of shielding.

#16 ·
I owned one. Nice bass for the price, not exactly a "jazz bass." Ok electronics & that neck was like a giant sized version of a Precision bass neck profile. If anyone, it's good for modding. If you really want a quality 6-string bass on the cheap, do what I did.

Grab a Squier Deluxe Jazz Active V & mod it to a 6-string. I just added a 6th tuner, a new bridge & nut. VOILA!
Definately a great bass & it's been a workhorse for me for several years. And yes, it gets as much play as my high-end Dingwall bass, so take that as a vote of confidence.

#21 ·
Really? He's been playing 6's so long you'd think he'd be used to that neck. I don't know one way or the other, but that seems like the spacing would be ubertighttoplayon.

EDIT: Yeah, 5 string necks :) Might have to wait for this to be the 'Myung Sig bass' and grab one!
!

I've been sort of waiting for these SX Jazz 6's to come back in stock, but I played a Roscoe Century Standard 6 and really just want that and nothing else now. I could get 10 of these for the Roscoe though :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.