Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NKD: Not. Thanks GC!

ME: CU24
    MA: Baby Taylor
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Hartke HyDrive 210/Mk IVa

NKD: Not. Thanks GC!

I was going to use NSD for 'synth' but I see NSD has been usurped! lol

Anyway, found a nearly mint Alesis Fusion 8HD on the GC used site for $449, which is a great price for that synth, and bought it on the spot. (The only 8HD on ebay right now is a ridiculous $989, but the synth is worth $750 regardless) It was in the store in Avondale, Arizona, so needed to get it shipped east to Jersey. They told me it would arrive 12/31, then they actually shipped it 1/2. Thanks #1 for that.

As for the packing...well, clearly they didn't have a box that would fit it, being the full 88 keys, so they taped two other boxes together. In a pinch, I can work with that; it really all depends on how much bubble wrap you use to protect the item inside and such, right? You don't want it bouncing around in the box unprotected while it is on it's 2500+ mile drive in the back of an 18 wheeler coming across the country.

So, GC missed that bit. they put a single wrap of bubble wrap around the synth front to back (so top, bottom, front and back were covered), but nothing on the ends. That's right, NOTHING ON THE ENDS OF THE BOARD, just the 50 pound keyboard in a cardboard box sliding around loose with nothing between the keyboard itself and the cardboard of the box. How did that work out you ask? Not well!

This shows the box a minute or so after I opened it, and all of the packing material that they used is clearly visible - none has been removed for this shot:

Another shot to see how much they used in the spots they actually used it - kind of a LOT of empty space there that should have been filled up, right? WTF!?! These guys presumably ship stuff more o0ften than the average Joe so should know this stuff cold!

They sounded on the phone like they will give me the money back, but still this was a great deal and I was very lucky to find it. If it were a new bit of kit I could just get another and be done with it after the hassle of the swap, but this is a return for nothing but my money back, and for the absolute fucking worst of reasons. Less than 2 bucks worth of bubble wrap here and keys wouldn't have flown off the board, the ends wouldn't be shattered and who knows what other damage might have been averted. I didn't even bother taking it all the way out of the box, I just put it down in my music room and walked away.

So anyway, at least the Devils won last night
    "Let us be kind one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle”" Ian McLaren

Wirelessly posted

Damn, that is a bummer.

ME: Kramer Proaxe
    MB: Ibanez SR605
    Rig: Mark V/5153

Learn to be quick anyone can be slow

Do you look at the toilet paper after you wipe?

ME: Aristides 070
    MB: Schecter Diamond Bass
    Rig: Fractal Axe FX II

They better give you your money back. Their horrible packing job caused the damage. Sorry bro.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

GC wins again!

That sucks man.

ME: Jackson DKMGT
    MA: Martin GPCPA5K
    Rig: Mindy the Framus Dragon

Total bummer. Those keyboards are sweet.

ME: Strat
    Rig: MKV25, Port City OS Wave

They shipped my 6505+ loose in a big square box with peanuts alone, when I pulled it out all I could hear was shattered glass... You should get your money back, man. Best of luck.
    ^ probably sarcasm.

ME: SVK Les Paul Custom
    MA: Washburn something
    MB: Charvel 1B
    Rig: Marshall 8100

I'm sure the CEOs of this company wonder why they're over a billion and a half in debt. What an awful pack job, it's like a two-year-old shipped it.
    Do you know what time it is? It's time to FARK SHEET ARRRRRP!!