Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, this happened (NPD)

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

So, this happened (NPD)

My dad's a rather good pianist, and whenever we get together we always make a point of jamming together, he on piano and me on guitar. I'll either always pack a guitar and my Tech-21 when I go to visit him, or I'll just play either his acoustic (a gorgeous old beat-up Gibson), or his Strat ( a recent-ish MIM, nothing special but nice enough) and a solid state Fender amp he has.We haven't realy been able to do that when he visits me in Boston, because, well, until this year I've had roommates, and because I don't own a piano.

So, maybe five years ago he replaced an aging (and bigger picture, fairly budget) acoustic piano that through probably 35 years of Massachusetts summers and winters was just drying out to the point where it wasn't holding tune very well, with this, a Casio Privia PX-330. He figured that since I now have my own place, he's about to retire, and he and my mom will be coming down to visit a lot more (and he'll have more time to play himself, at home), he might as well upgrade to the newer, better model (touch-sensitivty is much improved, he says), and give me his old one so one I can start learning myself, and two whenever he's here, we can play music together.

Something my dad has always wanted but for whatever reason has never been able to make work out (hopefully in retirement!) has been a "music room" where he can leave a bunch of instruments set up and out and ready to play, so he's pretty damned excited now when he comes here, and if we want to play music it's a matter of just flipping a few switches and letting the keyboard and amp warm up for about 15-20 seconds.

Also, if anyone was wondering, I REALLY suck at piano. I hope in a couple weeks I can at least do a credible version of a few Tom Waits tunes, though.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: RGD2127z/Apex 100
    Rig: Diezel Hagen/Zilla's

ME: Ibanez RG1570
    Rig: 6505+/EVH 212cab\cabclone

Very cool.

Electronic Pianos have come a long way my wife and I have a Kurzweil and it is loaded with far more features than a bunch of bedroom hacks like ourselves.

ME: Strat
    Rig: MKV25, Port City OS Wave

You slut, you. Nice score, I should play more piano, myself.

ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

Wirelessly posted

That's awesome!
    Sparrows (Space Punk, LOUD):

ME: Caparisons
    MA: Takamine PTU220 Custom
    MB: Ibanez ATK300
    Rig: Bogner Ecstasy 101A/B

Nice, always good for some father son jamming.

Despite my complete inability to play piano, I somehow ended up as a repairer and restorer of old Electric pianos, Rhodes and Wurlitzers and the likes. I love the sound of those old keyboards. Does this one do an electric piano setting?
    "I'm afraid of new guitars. They're too shiny, I can't play them or take them anywhere. They might get damaged!"

Studio6 Photography

ME: Ibanez RG1570
    Rig: 6505+/EVH 212cab\cabclone

If you are not familiar with this genius you're welcome

She plays covers of rocks songs and also provides tab

I thought a slayer song would be particularly fitting for this forum

[VIDEO]]Slayer - Raining Blood - piano cover - [HD] - version 2, more brutal - YouTube[/VIDEO]

ME: Buckethead Les Paul
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: Titan Custom

Nice! I'd love to have something like this.