I added copper shielding to the P bass, because it didn't have any in the cavity, only a layer of aluminum on the pick guard. Also, I was like fuck it, I'm not ordering a flat black pick guard, I'm making mine flat black, so I murdered it with 800 grit wet/dry sanding in the same direction. Results
Anyway, the copper conductive adhesive tape is really easy to work with, but will give you the most wicked paper cuts. My application method was a simple sort of trace/measure, cut to size, apply with finger and eraser end of pencil. I also only used about 1 foot of a 4" x 10' roll I got on Amazon for $9.
Still waiting on Hipshot black tuners, and a Hipshot bridge. But it turned out pretty good so far. I'll post an update when I get the tuners, bridge, and new strings. These came on it and eh, they are ok. Good thump for rounds. I ordered some Fender 7250's.
Needing a bit more sanding