Had a shitty day = buy a new mic

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Had a shitty day = buy a new mic

ME: ESP Mirage
    Rig: Triaxis & SimulClass 2:90

Had a shitty day = buy a new mic

I'm getting a Rode NT1-A. I believe it was Max who had a lot of good things to say about this mic and I've read a lot of good reviews as well. MF has them for $229 which includes a bunch of extras and a free mic stand. I've been needing a mic to record acoustically for a while now and for the money it sounds like a good deal.
    I've also seen some youtube videos showing them being used in front of a cab but that's not something I really need it for as my 57 and i5 are fine for that.

Buy Rode Microphones NT1-A Condenser Mic Bundle | Condenser Microphones | Musician's Friend
    FUCK THE YANKEES, Cliff Lee, The Phillies, Tom Brady, Drew, snow, SS.org, Ebay, Bill Belichick, John Boehner, the iPhone, the gecko from the Geico commercials, shitty drivers, dealing with insurance companies, crazy ex girlfriends, my job at the moment, my shitty mood, new year's resolution's, happy people, the state of Connecticut, my cubicle at work, lower back pain, the Seahawks, anything Queensyche has done the last 15 years, NASA, Tiger Woods, the economy, people who can't drive in the rain, acid reflux, everyone in Dream Theater except John Myung, Metallica, customer service at Verizon, people who take up the whole aisle at the grocery store, The Rock, working Saturday's, waiting for Drew's album, The Packers, Robinson Cano, tires with no traction, spam email and the spam you eat, Putin, cavities, Netflix, Godzilla, Taylor Swift, the price of replacement windows on my house, squash... to be continued

ME: Warmoth Warhead
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall ABI, Kubicki
    Rig: Budda SD30

Those NT1-As are great. I've used one for female vocals, cello, acoustic guitars, and a string quartet when I was in my Music Technology class back in college. For the vocals it was especially sweet.
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

ME: LTD EX360/SchecterC7
    MA: Ovation 1778TX
    Rig: Axe FX II / Fratomic

I need to get one of those to try them out. You can't go wrong with the price.

ME: KxK customs
    Rig: Verellen Amps

i have a matched set of nt5's. so far rode mics haven't let me down.

ME: ESP LTD H-207
    MA: Taylor 310
    Rig: Mesa 20/20

Can't go wrong with a Rode.
    We're all musicians, still searching for our roots.

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

Love that mic. Use it for a ton of shit. Pretty much my go to mic of my small collection.