Headphones! Recommend 'em!

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headphones! Recommend 'em!

ME: RGD2127z/Apex 100
    Rig: Diezel Hagen/Zilla's

Headphones! Recommend 'em!

MDV had recommended me a set and I cannot for the life of me remember what they were
    These are going to be used listening to music mostly, but tracking as well. If I can mix on them to a decent level, that's awesome too, until I can afford some decent monitors.

ME: Les Paul
    MA: Les Paul
    MB: Les Paul
    Rig: Mini Rec

I'd just get the best Sennheisers you can afford. They're my favorite brand. But there are many other options.
    Making metal every night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopahmahn View Post
    I'd just get the best Sennheisers you can afford. They're my favorite brand. But there are many other options.

I have some Sennheisers and they've served me well for years
    "I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth." - Oliver Reed

"America blaming BP for the oil spill is like a man punching a prostitute in the face because his own needs disgust him." - Stewart Lee

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65

Wirelessly posted (: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yep, Sennheisers are great. I prefer AKG, but they're equal quality, just a different sound (Sennheisers are punchier and AKGs are smoother) and feel (AKGs are more comfortably on me, but I love both). The Shure headphones are excellent, too. Beyer-Dynamics are good, but I didn't personally like them as much as the others.

I like my Beyer-Dynamic DT100s for tracking with and the odd bit of mixing, but mainly because of how clear and precise they are. They may not be the best for extended listening periods.

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Buttery Biscuit
    Rig: Mesa/Sunn

I've got a set of Beyerdynamic DT-250s which are great and incredibly comfortable.

ME: Jaden Rose/Baja Tele
    MA: Freshman FA-400D
    Rig: Cornford Roadhouse

AKG K271MKII. They're what I use - good price, great sound, very well built.
    They seem a little light in the low end at first, but that's mostly just because standard headphones aimed at average joe who knows cock all, are quite heavy on the low end.

ME: MMJP6
    MA: Larrivee
    MB: BTB 776 with Nordstrand
    Rig: 6505+

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/S273) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Audio technica Ath m50 is the best value in audio equipment that exists. Not only are they good for their price range, aa lot of users prefer them over everything else even when price is not an issue.

They have a wide frequency response and the lows don't drop off into oblivion at the end of the spectrum, it's strong all the way through. This reveals things that monitors can't in the low end making them a great tool even when you do have monitors.

They also use neo magnets giving a lot of sound off of little power. You can plug them into your portable device and use them and have plenty of volume.

You should be able to go without monitors with those and be just fine.