Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Heavy Riff Demo (something a bit different)

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  eleven59 
#1 ·
The riffs aren't anything super special, and it's not quite a song yet, but I'm digging the tones I was getting (well, guitar tones, bass tones through the HD500 are still a work in progress and may be abandoned for something else in the future).

http://soundcloud.com/aaronvsmusic/demo67-mix-1

Click after listening:
The fun part here, is that this was done completely with my Tele :D

#5 ·
That's because the Tele bridge pickup is more midrangey and less scooped than a Strat.

#6 ·
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Josh said:
That's because the Tele bridge pickup is more midrangey and less scooped than a Strat.
Yep, and this being loaded with Texas Specials means they're a bit hotter and fuller than standard Tele pickups.

#9 ·
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

BDIB21 said:
Love it. I don't know music enough to give you anything helpful but I like it a lot. Would have liked to hear more bass but that comes with the bassist territory.
Yeah, that's mostly down to me wanting the mix to showcase the guitar tone, and the fact that the bass tone isn't great, resulting in it either getting buried or burying the guitars :lol: Also, the bass isn't doing much interesting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.