Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Help my mix suck less!

Tags
mix suck
1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  599 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Got another mix to share. I feel like I've been making leaps and bounds with this stuff recently, but it's still not quite there.

My main issue is with the section around 2:40ish. I want that to hit hard. Really fucking hard. But it sort of fails there, and I'm not really sure what I can do to make that better.

The actual recording itself is simply the tracks I recorded to help myself remember the song as I wrote it. I was writing on the spot, so the playing is shit, and the guitars are all plugins. I don't own a bass, so the "bass" is my guitar pitch shifted down an octave. Drums are SSD.

Anything you guys have would be super helpful! Thanks, dudes! :yesway:

#6 ·
For your bass problem, high pass your pitchshifted guitar up at around 500Hz or higher, then program the basslines with a synth plugin creating a pure sine wave. Bus the two together and compress them hard. If you want some grit, create a parallel bus where the combined signal is run through a guitar amp modeller set to a high gain sound then bandpass between 350-400Hz and 1-2kHz and blend to taste.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.