Metal Guitarist Forums banner

reaper loop help

Tags
loop reaper
2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  briansol 
#1 ·
I can't find the setting.

I'm tyring to have the thing repeat 4 measures over and over again and record a new take each time. I did it once and now i can't find it any more. How do i do that so i can play a section 400 times and pick one that i didn't fuck up on

#5 ·
I was missing the repeat button :X

lol

just did 81 takes of 4 measures, and didn't play it right, once. FML. i hate recording some times.
Haha, after the first 10 takes, make sure you stop, relax a bit and loosen up. At least with me, the more I fuck something up the more tense I get, which just leads to more fuckups.

You can do a DI track and a modeled track with the HD500, right? Protip: If you ever want to completely fucking OCD with your playing, try it. I've played stuff that I thought was spot on only to listen to the DI and realize that I was all over the place in parts. Getting it clean is maddening. :lol:

#6 ·
I'm not using the hd500 out as an asio. it screws my balance of live vs recorded volume levels so i can't hear what i'm playing. I currently just use a guitar out into my maudio fast track pro as my asio device. I guess i could plug my monitors into the xml outs on the hd500, but then i can't hear any play back from the pc. I'm probably doing something wrong.... what else is new.

I have like 5 cds worth of stuff in D- recording state, no drums, bass or vocals, no production, billions of mistakes. I feel like I should be a coach.... those who can't play, coach. right? lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.