Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NGD tha motherload!!!

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  7deadlysins 
#1 ·
Hello everybody!

As most of you know, I have been looking to get monitors lately. Well...THEY CAME IN TODAY!!!

But, that is not all!!!! ON TO THE PICS!!!!

Sizable upgrade, I must say. These things are way bigger than I expected, lol!

I moved while taking this first pic, so it looks a bit wavey.

I am definitely going to have to get stands. These things take up most of my desk!!!

But wait, that isn't all!

2 XLR to TRS cables to hook the monitors up!

2 mic stands and XLR cables!!! That is right! TWO!!!

Little Behringer C-2 pencil condenser and silly clown nose filter:

Samson CO1 studio condenser mic. I am actually really impressed with this thing!!!!

Audio-Technica ATH M20 monitoring headphones. Perfect for monitoring while tracking vocals

That's it! I am very impressed with this package! $460 took it all!!!

I have also seen that Nolly and Bulb were mic'ing speakers when using the Axe FX, so I figured I would give that a go too!

Am I doing it right????

Wait...I have an idea!

Much better!

I am so stoked. I am going to start recording a new song right now!!!!

See less See more
#12 ·
Ok, so here is what I did since I got it. Keep in mind that every bit of this clip was done in 2 hours. I started from scratch.

So the mix isn't great, at least I don't think, and the last solo is totally winged :D No bass either.

EDIT: Since these monitors are loud and I didn't crank them, I think that the low frequencies came out a bit heavy, let me dial it down.

#16 ·
Setting the mic right at the soundhole is one of the placements (though I used it combined with sound recorded from the piezo simultaneously, thus the bassier mic sound only made the whole fuller). Want less bass - set it to point at the 12th fret and record then. This way you'll know which sounds works better for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.