Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Do you like the Axe-Fx? - Need your feedback

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Loco 
#1 ·
Hey all, so basically I tried to get a placement at FAS over the past 2 years and took some ideas to them but since I haven't back from them I decided to go public and get a feeler for peoples interests. Here's a link to the thread, I apologise for the thread hopping between forums but I just hoped the gear geeks within you might be keen to check it out...trying to get as much support on my post as I can and see if they notice it.

This idea consists of a mixing parallel of an axe-fx, axe-fx but for mixing all of your tracks through essentially, or maybe even used live. Anyway click the link if you'd like to know more!

'Racks-Fx' - Studio tool - Everything in one (Just an idea)

CHEERS MG.ORG YOU'RE DA BEST.

#2 ·
FAS is a pretty small company dude. Awfully hard to compensate someone to come over to the US from Edinburgh to work for them.

While you're at it, tell them to model a GK 800RB and an Eden WT series preamp.

#3 ·
Yeah I understand that Josh. I guess a response would have been at least nice. I did message them a few times over 2 years but in most cases that's considered a luxury, especially when the place isn't advertised. I'd just like to gauge public opinion on the idea at this point!

#4 ·
your idea is basically already in place by protools and by universal audio. Protools does it via plugins and pci express cards. UA does it via pci express cards as well as some stand alone effects processing gear.

I think the cost of R&D wouldn't be recouped by the sales after the fact due to plugins being preferred and having those two powerhouses already going.

#7 ·
And think of the costs of the hardware and range of plugins/add-ons vs having everything there in the one box priced at roughly or even less than an Axe-Fx. PT and UAD collab have capped their market, you have to use pro tools to use their systems i'm sure. Completely respect the competition but also standing by the fact that Line6 existed and was holding a tight grip on the guitar modelling market until FAS came along!

#9 ·
I think the idea is solid, and it never hurts to reach out. :yesway:

Those guys do get fucking bombed with emails, so I wouldn't take it to heart that you didn't hear back from them. I know Cliff constantly gets "PLZ ENDORZE MY BAND" emails all day long, as well as the rest of the chaff he has to sort through. I wouldn't want to have to manage his inbox, the poor bastard. :lol:

#10 ·
Yeah they do, but I think a lot of people weren't expecting a competitor to enter and do so well for itself. Nothing against line6 as I have a few of their products! And Chris, I totally know man haha honestly it's not about that I just want to see what people think now, maybe even look into the idea on my own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.