Alright so for Christmas I got about $200 that I need to spend but I don't know what to spend it on. I was looking on musicians friend and found a few things. I was looking at some recording stuff at first. I have Kristal and FL Studio but neither are really that good of recording programs. So I was looking at SONAR Home Studio 7 XL or Guitar Rig Session Full. I was leaning more towards the Guitar Rig because the I/O box it comes with has a mic input and it comes with some guitar that I can either fuck with and mod or just sell for some extra cash.

Now if I went the Sonar route, I'd still have some money left over and was thinking of picking up a TS7 and using whatever extra money I have to buy some strings.

I was also looking at getting a synth or MIDI keyboard but I have no idea where to even start.

So, since you guys are obviously more knowledgeable about pro audio equipment with there being professional musicians here, what are you opinions? Also, if you think these all suck, than I'd like to hear what you suggest.

Also, I wasn't sure where to put this so if this is wrong, please move it.