Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Reaper guys got a question for you

Tags
reaper
2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  MDV 
#1 ·
Which plug in do you use for your Hi/low pass EQ-ing?
it seems like there are a bunch o fthem in there and now with Ozone I'm tring to figure out which one is really the best and easiest to use.

#3 ·
ReaEQ has been my go to plugin for ages, but I started playing with the high pass on the Satson Channel Strip as I was wrapping up the mixes on my album, and somehow it sounded better to me.

Sonimus.com :: Music is our language

It's fairly cheap at $39.

Also, BlueCat Audio does a great free plugin bundle, and of them I really like the chorus and the EQ, in particular.

Blue Cat's Freeware Plug-ins Pack II - Download Freeware Audio Plugins (VST, RTAS, Audio Unit, DirectX) (Freeware)

I ended up using a combination of the above - Satson Channel Strip for a high pass, ReaEQ for a lot of my EQ tweaking, and then the BlueCat on a couple tracks where I tried some stuff and it seemed to work out better in the mix.

#6 ·
Since I know you have Satson anyway, try the HPF on that the next time you're mixing guitars. For some reason it seemed to sound sweeter to my ears - probably the Q settings or whatever so maybe I could get there with ReaEQ, but I just found myself really liking it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.